Having people come to visit is all good and well, but what I really like is having people be my mules and bring me stuff.
I’ve got family in town and here are some of the goodies they were able to fit into their suitcases.
- All different kinds of Reese’s Peanut Butter cups: in a bar form; a “big cup;” without wrappers!
- The screenplay to True Romance, one of my favorite movies.
- The first two volumes of Winston Churchill’s A History of the English Speaking Peoples. I’m going to know so many new things!
- David McCullough‘s book about Americans in Paris! I am totally going to relate (or not).
- Hot Tamales, possibly the best cinnamon candy
- Triple antibiotic ointment: it’s the duct tape of the first aid world
- Not pictured: 14 pairs of underwear (woo-hoo!), a Ziploc full of Cheerios and a fancy version of a Hostess cupcake. It was bigger than both my fists together and took almost 30 minutes to eat due to the insane level of sweetness, but it was damn good.