I can’t bake. As a skill, it combines two of the things I’m bad at (math and science). For the past few years, I’ve also literally not been able to bake since I haven’t lived in a place with an oven. Both of these facts posed significant obstacles when I was looking around for ways to cheer myself up and kept reading about how people were making cookies or cakes after being shaken up by the Boston bombings. I still wanted to do something for myself, so I fell back on my default position: make some variation on peanut butter cups.
Chocolate covered pretzels with peanut butter (for dipping) was the result. Added bonus: they take very little time to prepare and are quickly ready to eat.
Le cul’s Sweet Carolines (they’re “so good, so good“)
- Melt baker’s chocolate in the microwave. (I lined the bowl with wax/parchment paper to lessen mess-factor.)
- Dip, dredge or drizzle chocolate on pretzels. Place on wax/parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with good salt. (None of that table salt business.)
- Place in freezer until chocolate has hardened to your taste.
- Slather with peanut butter.
- Smile quietly while licking fingers (bowl licking optional).