Traveling in the winter is the pits. Navigating an airport with your coat and all your bundling up stuff is annoying enough, but the real issue is that winter clothes take up so much damn space. Buy two sweaters and suddenly your suitcase is filled up and you have to leave behind most of the food you bought.
The real tragedy here is that I had been counting on that food to sustain me during my first 30 hours back in France and since I didn’t have it, I had to actually get out of bed, shower and go buy things to eat which was rough since my getting-over-jet-lag procedure is very clear and doesn’t allow for any of those things.*
Pictured (and not consumed by me):
- 2 cereal containers
- 2 packages of Reduced Fat Wheat Thins
- 1 box of Cheerios
- 1 box of Rice Chex
- 1 box of cinnamon graham crackers
- 1 bag cinnamon yogurt pretzels (sounded interesting)
- ½ Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts (I was able to fit one sleeve into my carry-on)
* For the record, the secret to recovery from a westward-originating flight is to get home from the airport, shower, eat something, then take two bottles of water to bed and crash out until the following morning. Somehow, when I wake up again, the water’s been drunk and I feel ready to face the world.