This almost couldn’t be easier to make or taste better.
- cooked shrimp
- minced garlic
- flat-leaf herb like cilantro, parsley, etc.
- ripe avocado
- corn tortillas
1. Warm some oil in a non-stick pan, low- to medium-heat. Dump as much garlic as you like into it. (I like lots and loads, like five or six cloves just for me.)
2. Devein shrimp (optional) and roughly chop, about three pieces per prawn.
3. Throw shrimp into warm oil. Mix around and let sit on the stove.
4. Slice avocado in the peel and, using a spoon, scoop it into a bowl. Sprinkle with good salt.
5. Turn the heat up on the pan a bit until the shrimp achieve the color you like. (Remember that they’re already cooked so this whole process is basically to heat them up, infuse them with garlic and maybe toast them a bit.) Remove from heat and place over avocado.
6. Throw corn tortilla into pan with the garlic oil and heat until crisp, flipping once. Remove from heat and place on a paper towel for a moment to drain while you dust some salt over it.
7. Strew torn herb over the shrimp.
8. Dig in, using broken up pieces of tortilla as a shovel.
Total cook time: like 8 minutes, less if you buy minced garlic and deveined shrimp.