You know that my watch died, so it clearly needed replacing. I’ve also decided to commute to work by bike some days to avoid the scrum of Metro madness, so I needed a Velcro-less* messenger bag too as my professional leather bags weren’t up to the task. Most items were found on eBay or REI’s outlet page.
This loot includes:
- Patagonia MiniMass Messenger bag — a messenger bag with snap closures and just the right amount of space to limit what I carry.
- Timex Weekender Indiglo watch — Indiglo is on my list of things I love along with Thinsulate and neoprene.
- Spanx tights — I am a total convert. These things don’t fall down, droop or sag. They are a wonder.
- shearling-lined slipper booties — my toes almost fell off from the cold this past winter. Turns out that if you aren’t living in a carpeted apartment, the floors are frozen.
- 2 zip compartments — surprise items patterned after salvaged library books.
- purple snowflake — another surprise item that speaks to how I am a unique snowflake.
*Velcro should be reserved for uses that are only a couple times a day. Repeated opening of Velcro-shut bags is grating and also wears on the bag. Ask the two Timbuk2 bags I destroyed if you don’t believe me.